Mama Elephant October 2024 Release!

 Hello crafty friends! We are celebrating the new Mama Elephant release with a Stampede on IG! Make sure you  join in the fun and hop along with us! Thanks for stopping by my lil blog to find out how I made my stampede card!

I created an interactive card using the new Fa La Llama stamp, Pull Paper Slider Creative Cuts, and 3D Faux Boxes. I also used Balloon Bunch as a twist on the pull tab.

I did a bit of experimenting to get the pull tab to work the way I imagined it because adding the box top blocked the slider channel. Because of this, I had to figure out how to attach the balloons so it would work properly. I first thought I could attach them to the llama but that was too heavy and would sag and not look right. So I ended up attaching a second slider right above the box so the balloons could attach securely and slide up. Then I connected the two slider mechanisms at the back using a strip of cardstock so they could move in unison. Here is a picture of the set up, without all the things attached so you can see the inner workings of the mechanism:

 
Front

Back


And now to explain the rest of my card: The background was some simple stenciling with a sun ray stencil. For the balloons, I colored them in with Copic markers (R0000, R00, R81, Y0000, Y00, Y11, YG0000, YG01, YG03, BG0000, BG10, BG11, V0000, V01, V04) and stamped "pull me" from Mini Everyday Messages. I added a couple strands of white thread as the balloon strings. I also modified the balloons by trimming them down and adding the yellow "pull me" balloon.

The llama was colored in warm grays and scarf the same colors as the balloons. The "celebrate big" sentiment was from Birthday Messages. To decorate the box, I stamped "To... Fr" from Mini Messages and then drew the arrows "sticker." I added shading to the box with ground espresso Distress Ink.


Thank you so much for stopping by! Happy crafting!


Comments