ME Stamp Highlight: Write With Me

 Hello crafty friends! And welcome to the last stamp highlight of the June 2024 release! We are taking a closer look at Write With Me, a set that pairs so well with Work of Heart!

I wanted to create a chalkboard and the Hip to be Square dies created a lovely square frame for my chalkboard. I stamped the sun, heart, and star with white pigment ink first, and then Distress Oxide ink on top of the white ink. This way, the colors would pop on the black cardstock. The rest of the images and sentiments were white heat embossed. I wanted the chalkboard to look "chalky" so I didn't brush away all of the excess embossing powder before heat embossing. To color in the rainbow and heart in "I <heart> you", I first brushed on white pigment ink. Then I used Distress watercolor pencils to add color on top. Colored pencils did not work for me so I was glad I had the Distress watercolor pencils that did the trick.

I mentioned a crafty tip last time about not watching Netflix while cutting your patterned paper... which leads me to another crafty tip: If you do have a mishap with cutting your paper, save those scraps and bits because you can still use them in another card design! I used some off cuts of patterned paper to line the card base above and below my chalkboard.

Thank you for stopping by! Happy crafting!

Comments