ME Stamp Highlight: Like Family

 Helloo crafty friends! Our last stamp highlight for this May 2024 release features another great sentiment set, Like Family!

I had this idea for a scene changing card and the new Open Sesame Landscape die was perfect for what I had in mind. I started by cutting out the Open Sesame frame from some Bristol Smooth paper so I could ink blend it (Distress Oxides: tumbled glass, stormy sky, faded jeans, chipped sapphire, black soot). Then I stenciled raindrops using opaque texture paste and a stencil (Lawn Fawn rainy sky stencil). 

Oh wait, actually, that is how I SHOULD have done it. What I did instead, which turned out disastrous, was ink blend my paper first, texture paste the raindrops, then cut it out with the Open Sesame die... but that resulted in my rain drops being smashed into the die and being ripped off my paper. *PANIC* but I figured out that I could just stencil back over those spots with more texture paste and no one will ever know the difference... except those of you that read this far in my blog post... now you know the drama and will hopefully learn from my mistake haha! 

For the inside of the card, I used a piece of pretty patterned paper. The sentiment was stamped with different colors of ink to create a rainbow. (Lawn Fawn inks: ballet slippers, sunflower, minty fresh, kiddie pool, fresh lavender) My images came from Rainy Days and Deliver Spring Happiness. The sentiments on the front panel are from Easy Sentiments stamped in Lawn Fawn Deep Sea ink.

Thank you for stopping by today! Happy crafting!

Comments