Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight: It's Poppin

 Hello crafty friends! Today's card required a bit of custom crafting to create this card I envisioned in my mind. I wanted the adorable It's Poppin kitties to be flying through the air with a rainbow in the background... and I wanted it to be a shadow box type of card! Challenge accepted!

I used the Display A Card as my base mechanism for the shadow box. I wanted the In the Clouds to be the front panel but one side of it was thinner than the Display A Card frame. So I had to trim away all the excess parts of the frame so only my cloud panel was visible. The thin side was very thin so I added a strip of cardstock to reinforce it.

The rainbow (from Slim Scenescape Rainbow Add on) and background panel were colored with Distress Oxides and Distress Watercolor pencils (set 2). To attach the rainbow, I glued the bottom end to the inner fold. I glued a piece of acetate to the opposite inner fold and then glued the top part of the rainbow to the acetate so it is floating. I hope that made sense! 

The kitties were colored with various Copic markers and the sentiment is from Way to Go. My daughter commented that I colored the balloons with my favorite trio of colors... again... hahaha I can't help it, I love aqua, pink, and purple together! It's so happy and makes me smile, and I hope this card made you smile too!

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a lovely day!

Comments