Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight: A Capybara Party

 Howdy crafty friends! We are starting the Mama Elephant Stamp Highlights over on the ME blog with A Capybara Party

I made this set of fun shaker cards using the new Basic Balloon and Round Balloon Shakers. I ink blended a panel of cardstock first, then cut out the frame. To build up the shaker well, I die cut multiple shaker frames and glued them all together. I stamped the sentiment onto the inner ink blended piece. 

For the background panel, I used a stencil and the same distress oxides I used for the shaker frames to create a fun background (salvaged patina + twisted citron; kitsch flamingo + squeezed lemonade). I cut it out with the cover die from Cloud Nine.

I decided to switch things up and colored up the images with my Zig brush markers. I stamped the images onto watercolor paper with MFT Extreme Hybrid ink. I always love the look of watercolored images but I am still such a newbie at it! It was a lot of fun to challenge myself with the Zig markers and I really love how they turned out. 

Thank you for taking time to check out my blog! I hope you have an awesome day! 


Comments