Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight: Me and My Legend

 Hello crafty friends! We have a new "Me and My..." stamp set for you, Me and My Legend! Mama Elephant has featured big, oversized adorable images like dragons, yetis, and dinosaurs... and now we have a good luck dragon! I think that's what you call them? Whatever you want to call them, it's such a cool image! You can color it up with traditional Asian colors (like red and yellow) or use whatever colors you want, like how I did with today's card!

I created this galaxy birthday party using most of the images from this set. The cake is from Unicorns and Rainbows, an oldie but a goodie.

Dragon-- N0, N2, BV00, BV01, BV02, BG53, BG57, BG11, R30

Other images-- R81, R83, R85, G00, G02, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, BG10, BG11, E51, E53

To create the galaxy background, I started with laying blobs of color using Distress Oxides (picked raspberry, wilted violet, peacock feathers, mustard seed, twisted citron). Then I ink blended partially over the blobs with chipped sapphire and black soot. I splattered with water, Lawn Fawn liquid stardust, and white acrylic paint. I love galaxy backgrounds and every time I make one, I think to myself that I should make them more often!

I cut out the galaxy background with Knot of Luck and filled in the inlay detail with silver glitter paper. The sentiment from New Beginnings was white heat embossed on black cardstock and popped up on black foam tape. The images were also popped up with foam tape or glued flat on the background.

This card was super fun to make and I hope you have fun coloring up these amazing images from Me and My Legend! Happy crafting!


Comments