Heffy Doodle Valentine's Day Card!

 Hi crafty friends! I made this Valentine's Day card for my hubby whose favorite color is blue. This Heffy Doodle Oceans of Love stamp set was perfect! 

I wanted to play with my alcohol inks again and made this ocean-y background on glossy photo paper. It was my first time using photo paper and I think it worked pretty well! I ended up making two backgrounds because my first one with the silver splatters didn't really fit the layout of my card. I'll save it for something else!

I haven't been too thrilled with my white gel pens (I have 2 different brands and find they both clog up on me) so I tried a trick I learned from Davina Cantrell: I used white acrylic paint and a pokey tool (she uses a dotting tool, I only had a pokey tool) to make the little white dots on my colored images. 

Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!


Comments